Incentive scholarships are granted to the best students of the first cycle, second cycle and integrated studies for their excellent learning outcomes.
How it works:
Each semester students are ranked by their grades, and the scholarship is allocated to the top students of a specific programme and a study year.
Who is it for:
State-funded students with the highest academic achievements in their programme.
- 70% of all the scholarships are equivalent to 1.5 BSB (BSB – Basic Social Benefit which is currently EUR 40.00 per month);
- 30% are equivalent to 2.5 BSB;
- paid monthly, on the 27th of each month: for autumn semester from August to January, and for spring semester from February to June.
VU LSC Nominal Scholarships
Who can apply:
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cycle students.
- Candidacy can be submitted by:
- the director and deputy directors of VU LSC, heads of institutes and study programmes,
- by a student himself.
How to apply:
Call for applications is twice a year; the deadlines are 31st March and 31st October. Information about the competition is announced on this webpage.
The following papers have to be submitted before 31st March / 31st October to the VU LSC Studies Department:
- an APPLICATION form
- a recommendation (if the student is submitting his/her candidacy himself);
- proof of his achievements (in studies, scientific field and promotion work). Please note, you should submit only those achievements for which you have never been awarded the scholarship before.
- The number and the amount of the scholarships varies every year, it depends on the VU LSC budget and financial possibilities.
- The final decision on students that receive scholarships are made by the Selection Committee of 5 members, one of whom is a representative of the Students Representation.
- The Committee makes a decision by 30th April / 30th November. The scholarship is awarded by the VU Rector.
- When making the decision, only achievements gained during the last 24 months are taken into account.
Thermo Fisher Scholarship
"Linea libera" Scholarship
Students are invited to apply for a "Linea libera" Scholarship
The scholarship is established by the company UAB "Linea libera", which implements new technologies, provides advanced solutions to science and medical laboratories and sells modern laboratory equipment, apparatus and consumables. The scholarship aims to encourage students of the 2nd and 3rd cycle study programs of Vilnius University Life Sciences Center to plan a career in the fields of technology.