Submission of documents
Applicants must have a Master’s qualification degree or a higher education degree equivalent to it.
The application with all required enclosures must be mailed via regular (air) mail or by an international courier service.
Applicants have to submit to the Graduate School of Life Sciences Center (email: ) the following documents by the 20th of August (inclusive) unless stated otherwise:
1. an application addressed to the Rector;
2. a copy of the passport or any other valid identification card;
3. copies of the Master’s diploma or of a higher education diploma equivalent to it and their supplements;
4. Curriculum Vitae;
5. a completed questionnaire with a photo;
6. a short description of prospective research project;
7. a list of research works and their copies, conference presentations, works awarded at academic competitions (if there is any);
8. recommendations by two academic referees from the topic of the relevant field of science (candidates to PhD studies in biochemistry have to submit one recommendation written by a supervisor of dissertation theme see Dissertation themes););
9. a certificate of assessment of academic qualifications issued by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (if it is asked);
10. A bank statement, confirming payed registration fee (15 Eur instalment cheque).
All documents issued in a language other than English, Russian or Lithuanian should be supplemented with an official translation. Doctoral committees can require to submit additional documents which are not provided for in Vilnius University regulations on doctoral studies.
Initiation grade is composed of the grade point average of Master’s diploma supplement and the assessment of conversation or research project (for candidates to PhD studies in biology).