Restrictions since 1 September, 2021
The COVID-19 situation at the Vilnius University Life Sciences Center is being closely monitored and measures are in place to prevent the spread of the virus and ensure safe operation in the LSC auditoriums and laboratories.
More than 90% of the VU LSC community are fully vaccinated with the vaccines approved by the European Union and have it confirming documents (the National Certificate [Galimybių pasas] or equivalent documents). The currently approved vaccines are BioNTech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and 14 days interval since the last shot.
Rules applied at the VU Life Sciences Center
1. In line with the decisions of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania and the Coronavirus Prevention Group at the University, only those community members with National Certificate or EU Digital COVID Certificate (or equivalent document) and with no symptoms of COVID-19 virus can enter the LSC. Valid certificates are checked by authorized personnel at the entrance to the building.
More information online: https://gpasas.lt/?lang=en
2. The community members who do not have any of the above certificates according to Lithuanian Government requirements have to be tested every 7-10 days (testing expenses are covered). In this case, a document confirming the negative result of a SARS-CoV-2 PCR test must be submitted.
3. Inside the VU LSC employees, students and guests have to wear face masks covering the nose and mouth.
4. All the surfaces, both in the work and rest areas, are periodically disinfected by the personnel responsible for it.
5. In the lounge areas, employees are allowed to have hot drinks. These lounge areas, including the canteen on the 5th floor, can accommodate only 10 people with National Certificate or EU Digital COVID Certificate at a time. Persons without National Certificate or EU Digital COVID Certificate can eat at their office on condition that there are no other people working there at the time. It is strictly forbidden to leave dirty dishes in public places. Storage of food and drinks in laboratories is strictly prohibited.
6. Heads of departments have to determine the maximum number of staff and students working in laboratories in such a way that there is at least 10 m2 of room space per person. The number of people in the laboratory is not limited if all the employees and students have the National Certificate or EU Digital COVID Certificate.
7. If unvaccinated persons work in the office, it is mandatory to observe 7 m2 space per employee. The number of employees in offices is not limited on condition that only persons with the National Certificate or EU Digital COVID Certificate work there.
8. A maximum of 250 people can take part in indoor events and a maximum of 50% of the space can be filled. Participants can watch the event only from their seats. The restriction does not apply if all the participants have the National Certificate or EU Digital COVID Certificate. The event organizer has to ensure the control of certificates.
9. Unauthorized persons without an escort (a VU LSC employee / doctoral student / student) are prohibited from being on the premises of the VU LSC. These persons have to register at the security desk and indicate the time of arrival and departure.
You can follow the relevant information in the special section of VU website
All information (in English) for VU students and employees regarding COVID-19 you can find here